1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Jabbed myself with several needles each day.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't do resolutions anymore because if you want something, just make it an every day goal for yourself instead. It doesn't have to begin because the calendar changes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Of course, EVERYONE either gave birth or got pregnant. Didn't we already know that? What a crappy question.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Many - too many. Let's see, there was . . . (1) My friend, Kacie, who died from complications of RSV after a successful bone marrow transplant for leukemia; (2) My friends' infant daughter, Kelsey, who died from complications related to Down Syndrome; (3) Our beloved Mackey dog; (4) My uncle (Dad's brother, who was estranged from most of the family); (5) My last living Grandma (paternal gma) died; (6) My aunt's son (who I guess would be a cousin, but we never met); (7) The husband of DH's mom's best friend from cancer; (8) My friend, Lynn, who was such a a gentle giant lost his battle to cancer; (9) My step-mother's mom; (10) My best friend's brother; (11) a friend's husband; and (12) My friends' sister/SIL who was brutally murdered by her husband. Gosh . . . DH and/or I went to all but a couple of those services & we're funeraled out. Hope 2011 is better in this department - MUCH BETTER.
5. What countries did you visit? USA! (Georgia, San Francisco, and Texas)
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Hhhhhmmm . . . let me think. This is a hard one. Sarcasm? No. Heartache? No. Oh yeah! A BABY.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory? Too many - and not in good ways. Mostly May 8th when we lost Mackey and December 3rd when our IVF cycle went down the tubes. Our July and August travels had some great memories though!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting through the year without my body killing an unborn baby or losing my damn mind.
9. What was your biggest failure? Can I get a free pass on this one? I think we all know this answer, so I'm not going to repeat it over and over again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Mental? Yes. :) I almost sliced off two of my fingers while chopping bell peppers, had my annual sinus infection & bronchitis, and at least one hooha party-related surgery.
11. What was the best thing you bought? All I can think of is anything that I paid for with cash. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? DH's and my own. Other than DH, my mom, sister, stepdad & best friend earned some points for meritous support that I need to blog about soon. My cousin & his wife (shout out J & T) for their support from afar.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The behavior of my uterus & ovaries get to go first here. Other than that, I'm disappointed with the behavior of a few of my family members completely ignoring the fact that our IVF obviously didn't happen. Of course the behavior of some of my students' parents. Those people don't deserve to have children, yet they do and I pay for some of them.
14. Where did most of your money go? Yet another silly question.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Thinking IVF would be our ticket to a baby.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? There are many.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? hell if I know
ii. thinner or fatter? same, still fat
iii. richer or poorer? same I guess, which is a fairly poor teacher
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? I don't know. Cleaned & organized the house I guess. Exercised. Walked the dogs.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Cried.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Two days before Christmas was spent with my Dad, stepmom, sister and her family, two of my nieces and one nephew. Christmas Eve was spent with Todd's uncle and his wife and a few family members and friends. Christmas morning was with DH and our pets. Christmas Day was at my mom's with lots of family and a couple of friends.
I have no clue what happened to #29. I copied this from another blog & she didn't have it either.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? Yes. I fell in love with my husband again.
24. What was your favorite TV program? I've been watching that stupid All My Children for almost 30 years, so I should probably rank it first. I also like a bunch of reality crap like Big Brother, Amazing Race, etc. Embarrassing but true.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No. I don't hate others.
26. What was the best book you read? The Hunger Games trilogy (and I'm not a big reader)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Glee :)
28. What did you want and get? The year to end - and it did! Of course, DH got me lots of great Christmas presents too.
There is no #29 either! WTH?
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Eclipse? I dunno. I don't watch a ton of movies, and when I do, I always forget them. The Sound of Music is always my #1 movie & I watch it at least a couple of times per year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I worked on my 42nd birthday and DH and I went out to dinner that night for my annual crab legs feast. He hates going with me because I meticulously pick out every.single.tiny.little.bitty.piece of crab and savor every bite. It literally takes me over an hour to eat. I love it!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Well, hell. Why am I doing these questions again? Am I that desperate for a post?!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfortable - I'm not big into fashion. I just like clothes to fit and not make me look fatter than I already am.
34. What kept you sane? Prozac and Xanax. And I'm not kidding. DH helped too.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hugh Hefner -- hahaha! I kid! I kid! I don't "fancy" people (that sounds weird), but Clooney is still hot in my book. Let's go ahead and add Bradley Cooper too.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? I'm not into politics, but I think anyone that is so passionate about something that they aren't willing to consider or listen to other sides bugs the shit out of me.
37. Who did you miss? My grandmother, Mary, and I'm still missing her desperately every single day.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I'd have to think on that one.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: You are stronger than you think. (it's a recurring theme)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your whole year: "So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs . . ." Either that or "Turn off the lights. The party's over."