Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Blowing Off the Dust . . . Full Circle

Hi there.  Remember me?  I didn't  think so.  I've wanted to start blogging again but just haven't made it a priority.  However, today something happened that reignited that fire - even if for only a brief moment.  I doubt anyone reads this dusty ol' archive of my pathetic journey to become a Mom, but I'm doing this for me anyway.

As a quick update, Kate turned two in September.  She is freaking amazing.  While I know I am biased, Kate is absolutely beautiful, smart, funny, strong, silly, feisty, loving, stubborn, dramatic, sweet, and all-around awesome.

I was changing Kate's diaper and getting her jammies on when I leaned down to rub noses with her.  She looked me straight in the eyes and, while grabbing my cheeks, said, "I love you, Mommy.  I love love my Mommy.  Ohhh Mommy." and hugged me so, so tight while repeating, "I love you, Mommy."  Cue the ugly cry.  We just hugged and loved on each other for a couple of minutes while I soaked in the moment.

11 years ago today, DH and I met on a blind date.  3 years ago today, we officially signed with the adoption agency.  26 months ago today, I became a Mommy.  And today, all of the pain & suffering of IF washed away for those moments while my daughter continued to melt the pieces of my heart back into a whole.

Kate & Mommy Enjoy Morning Snuggles

3 comments:

Kate said...

Love this! Kate is so amazing, you are all so lucky. DH and I are nearing our 10th anniversary of our blind date, so wild how time flies...

Rajesh Babu said...

I appreciate that you have started blogging once again and sharing with us.

The Writer Chic said...

=) Love this.

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?