Rewind -- Wednesday, September 5, 2012
J went to the doctor yesterday and is doing well. We were VERY surprised to learn that she is already dialated to 4cm (10cm = delivery). So . . . baby girl will be here much sooner than later. J is schedule for an induction on the 21st if for some reason she hasn't delivered by then - which would be surprising.
Last night, J was having back pain. Being worried about being dialated so much & living so far from the hospital (about 45-60 mins from home), she went in to get checked. I drove there & met her there while Mr. Rambler waited to see if this was "it." She didn't even go to the hospital to deliver her son until she was 8cm dialated (ack!), so she appears to have a strong tolerance for pain which is another reason she went.
Baby looked great --- still very active, solid heartrate (I got to hear it!), etc. --- contractions were about every 4 to 8 minutes but sporadic. J was discharged about midnight and given instructions on when to return, so we all headed home at that point.
Anyway . . . we are now in a holding pattern but getting hospital bags ready, and gathering/scavenging/buying/preparing necessities, etc. We will keep you posted when the real time comes!