Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today

Today is Father's Day. While I usually greet this day with open arms for both of my Dads, a large part of my heart is sad today. Not because my Dads are no longer with me, though.

I'm sad today because I have been unable to make my husband a Dad. He will be such an amazing father, and I'm sad that my body has failed both of us - three times. Yes, I desperately want a baby, but my husband does too. He hasn't really verbalized it until recently (due to protecting me in my grief), but he wants children too. It's not just me here. It's both of us wanting to expand our family of two to more. It's a dream and a plan we both have. It's a dream and a plan that feels so far out of reach though.

I am hoping and praying that my husband will be a father this time next year. It will be the best Father's Day ever. And I can't wait.

12 comments:

kate said...

It's not Father's Day here yet, but I know just how you feel. ((hugs)) to you and DH. Here's to hoping for wonderful Father's Days in the years to come.

Jess said...

AW...HUGS! It will happen! No matter what you and Todd will be parents. I was just talking to my mom last night...and I think the hardest part is the unknown. But God always provides...and I know He will provide a baby for you both to love! Try to dream together today what it will be like when Todd is a father...that's what keeps me going when I'm having a hard time. It always makes my heart smile. :)

AprilB said...

Kristin, I'm sorry your heart is hurting, but trust in the Lord and he will guide and provide. It's hard to give up control, but you and Todd have so much love to give, a child will come to you to love. Hugs and prayers to you both!

Anonymous said...

Hugs! I know exactly how you feel. Days like these are hard.

Joy said...

I know how you feel. My husband too would make a great father. What amazes me most about him is his ability to put his feelings aside and take care of me through all of this. It is not often that men really put their emotions out there and express them. Take care of each other and you will get through this.

Molly said...

((((hugs)))))

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS)))

Kelly said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and for your kind words. It's also so tough on Father's Day. My husband would (WILL!) be an amazing father and I have to just remember that it will happen one day. I just hope that one day is soon! I'll continue to check in on your blog! :)

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I'm praying for you guys. I'm sorry today is so hard for you. I hope this time next year your dreams have come true.

Chelle said...

Hi! Just read your blog. Wishing you luck and hoping you don't need RE intervention... But maybe he/she can fill in some blanks. Good luck.

Stephanie said...

I am praying too that so many of us get to make our husbands fathers sometime very soon. ((hugs))

Wifezzilla said...

Thanks for the blog comment, I hope it actually helped, lol!

It's funny, I felt the same wasy on father's day. i was more upset for my husband on father's day than i was any other day since the m/c. good luck to ya!

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?