Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Monday, October 6, 2008

SHG - The Good, Bad & the Ugly

GOOD: The Good news
- SHG wasn't bad at all. Saline was cold, but it wasn't too bad.
- Ovaries look good, tubes clear, etc.
- Out of pocket expenses covered for the year, SHG = no cost. (today!)
- Dr. D&G (Doom & Gloom) actually smiled today.
- Dr. D&B doesn't see need for IUI or IVF. ("You can get pg.")

BAD: Not so good news
- Damn fibroid in uterus. (aka - "Uterine cavity is not clear.")
- Damn fibroid could be leftover from April surgery. Could be new but probably not.
- RE thinks damn fibroid could have caused at least one of my m/cs.
- Some cramping tonight. Wine didn't help much. Neither did 4 more Advil.

UGLY: Not bad, but not my favorite news
- Surgery necessary. Again. Get this damn fibroid outta me.

What's next?
- Waiting for b/w results.
- RE & OB/gyn to chat and come up with surgical plan.
- Surgery to remove damn fibroid within a month at the most.
- Should know more in the next couple of days.

Editorial:
- I'm sick of people (mainly men of the medical profession who are not my husband) being in my hooha and any other hole they can find. I really want my holes left alone for a while.

15 comments:

Jess said...

Ugh, that doesn't sound like fun. BUT I am glad to hear that he thinks you can get pg without IVF or IUI, that is great news!
I am praying for you...

Newt said...

More surgery? Oh no, K, that really stinks. I really hope that takes care of things. Huge hugs.

Jess said...

Hey...at least he said IUI/IVF isn't needed and you CAN get pregnant! Read that again...CANNNNNN!!!! Yay! Just think...if you didn't go for the HSG, you'd still be trying and not know what was going on...so this is great news!

Hope2morrow said...

I'm glad your tubes were clear and that the HSG wasn't awful. Sorry you'll have to have surgery. But just think- that surgery gets you one step closer to a beautiful baby. A means to an end. Keep that perspective in your heart and mind to help you move forward. Everything you do is one step forward. Keep on keepin' on, sister!

KandiB said...

Amen on the whole "hole business." Remember the day when your gyn would have to practically beg you to "scoot to the end of the table" and "relax your legs?" Now we're like: "here ya go! Take a picture, it'll last longer! Oh, wait - you already have pictures!"

Laurie said...

Sending you prayers my dear. Glad ovaries and tubes look great! Moving in the right direction!

Anonymous said...

More surgery!? Ugh, I'm sorry. Sending you lots of hugs!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I'm glad the HSG wasn't bad for you, but so sorry you have to another surgery to remove your fibroid. I know that isn't too much fun. And I'm so happy to see that IVF probably won't be in your future. Phew.

Anonymous said...

The pp's took the words right out of my mouth.. uh, brain, uh keyboard whatever. It'll all work out, just put it in God's hands. HUGS & LOVE

Wifezzilla said...

Definitely agree with the editorial. i feel like i've not only become an expert in things most women never even have a clue about, but i sometimes feel like i'm no longer modest (for example, last visit, i was shocked that the doctor didn't need to examine me. i was too ready to bare all).

i hope all goes well with the fibroid surgery, and this is the last step in this frustrating process before you make that baby.

Shannon said...

Im glad the HSG went well but Im sorry you have to have more surgery. I was glad to hear the RE told you that IUI and IVF isnt needed, I think thats promising. Lots of prayers coming your way!

Julie said...

I wish I could be your WHNP and be the one all up in your business rather than Dr. D&G :) I'm relieved that the majority of your news was good - and will be thinking of you so much while you have your myomectomy. Even though I'm stuck in IN, I'm so here for you :) *hugs*

Peachy

NoVaIrish said...

I'm sorry that there is more surgery ahead. I'll be thinking of you.

The Quarke Family said...

Yay for no IUI or IVF necessary, boo on the surgery. I hope you get it over and done with soon and will be back to baby-making form in no time.

Lucky said...

I'm so sorry you need a surgery. I hope it goes really well for you. You are in my prayers.

And amen to having non DH men all up in the vag area. I'm SO over it!!

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?