Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

At what point?

So at what point do I lose my shit?

Things are really "difficult" right now. Okay . . . they are really hard. Really tough. Extremely wearing. What's going on you ask? Hold on tight.

1. DH and his brother are dealing with a bunch of stuff with their mother (my MIL). I won't go into it all because I'm trying to respect the privacy of others, but let's just say that she is beyond the point of crazy & repair, and it is taking a complete toll on my BIL and (worst of all) my husband. There is nothing I can do to fix it. I feel completely helpless, and I feel like I am losing my husband. This is the core of our stress at home. There is more that involves the upkeep of our home, having a relationship, taking care of stuff & all, but that is taking a back burner to my batcrazy MIL. Most of all, I worry about my husband. This is incredibly difficult on him. It makes me want to cry every time I think about it.

2. My grandmother is dying - and slowly at that. She has been battling cancer for 29 years, and the cancer is starting to win. She is on 90mg morphine in the morning and 90mg at night with breakthrough meds (sublingual morphine rocks) during the day. The fact that she's walking around the house "getting things done" (according to her) is absolutely beyond me.

3. My mother's husband (Rick) is still undergoing testing to figure out what is causing his health problems. He was in the ICU before Christmas, and is still dealing with health issues. I feel like he will be okay physically, but since he is not working, I worry about my mother and the stress I know she feels trying to keep things afloat. I'm worried she'll work herself into the ground. That's her nature, and after her open heart surgery in August, she needs to take care of herself.

4. My stepmother is having major neck surgery on Friday. Her doctor sounds to be more than competent, but I know it will be a long recovery process. I worry about my Dad taking care of her (though he is good, the man cannot cook!) and her recovery.

5. The sadness of Kaden losing his battle and Sarah & Jamie's birthmother bailing out makes me so sad. It also creates a sense of fear that makes moving forward difficult. Life gives it and takes it away.

6. School is extremely stressful for both of The Ramblers this time of year. TAKS (the Texas Assessment of Knowlege and Skills), the Texas standardized testing, is upon us which requires above and beyond time, teaching, love, patience, and more time than usual. The expectations of our students is high. The pressure of TAKS, student success, reports, meetings, tutoring, discipline, and just trying to do the basics of our jobs is completely overwhelming right now. We don't get paid enough for this.

7. After going through taxes, I have figured out that I somehow owe the government money. How a woman that is a teacher who spent more than 10% of her annual salary on medical bills owes the IRS, I do not know. I am suffering financially due to the stress of daily/monthly expenses, medical bills, student loans, one credit card, and just plain trying to survive.

8. I miss so many of my friends. I am blessed to be a person surrounded by so many friends and loved ones. This whole RPL/IF business has taken a major toll on the relationships I have with others. I miss that, and I often don't know how (or if) I can get it back to where it was.

9. Everyone is pregnant. No, seriously - EVERYone. Whether they conceived without assistance,-had a succesful AI - med cycles, IUI. IVF - they are pregnant & staying that way. I am so very thrilled for them all because I've prayed for their happiness & success, yet I'm also feeling very left behind.

10. Oh yeah in case you didn't know: We are trying to get pregnant and actually have a baby. Only been doing that for a couple of years now. No thanks to the life/crap that is innundating us, we need to work Plan A. I try not to worry about it, but if we don't get pregnant (and STAY pregnant) in the next two months, we will not have a baby in 2009. Don't know how/if I can handle that.

It is so overwhelming and inundating. No stress ......................... Lord, hear our prayers. I have been crying to the Heavens through your angels. Please bless us with a viable pregnancy that results in a healthy pregnancy that delivers a healthy baby to term. While that seems like a huge & almost insurmountable task to us, we pray that God can hear our cries and answer our prayers. I know I am imperfect and I beg for your forgiveness. Please bless us with one of your angels that we can raise here on Earth in your image and love.

While there are others, these are only the issues at the forefront of my mind. tonight Your love, prayers, and good thoughts are appreciated. Not just for us, but prayers are desired for all those who need it.

11 comments:

Teresa & Connie said...

Oh my heck do I feel you. I'm so sorry mama.

Laurie said...

Hang in there sister. I love you and am praying for you and your family.

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Oh sweetie, that is just too much for one couple to bear. You're in my prayers as always.

Now go drink a bottle of something yummy and toast to each other and what amazingly strong people you are.

Katie said...

I don't know what to say other than I wish I could make it better for you. I'm praying for you as always. Big hugs

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

I am so sorry sweetie....you've definitely had more than enough on your plate and I so wish that things would get better for you. It's been a tough year for us so far and our relationship is definitely being further tested, but I know we will survive. Continue to trust your love for one another and your faith in the Lord and God willing, He will provide everything you need to make your lives complete. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Shanny said...

You are so strong to still be up and running with all of that going on in your life. I probably would have collapsed a long time ago. I'll keep everyone in my prayers and pray that God continues to give you strenght... and a strong and healthy pregnancy. You deserve it and will be a wonderful mom. Hang in there sweetie. Big hugs.

Juicy said...

Kristin. Oh wow. Your heart must be so heavy and I wish I could help you in some way. All those issues and illnesses. :(

I am not a praying kinda gal, but I could attempt one or two just for you. I'll definitely send all my good thoughts and whatever good karma I might have up your way. And lots of hugs, consider yourself hugged all the way from New Braunfels. Maybe a pat on the butt too. ;)

Take care and please don't let life get you so down. You can't keep the world on your shoulders and no one expects you to, it's just your big heart and kind spirit that is doing it. I wish for nothing but the best news for all of your family and especially you. xxoo

Chelle said...

((BIG HUGS)) You are so strong.

Marsha said...

I'm praying for you....you are on my mind and in my prayers every single day!

Molly said...

I know this may sound a bit odd, but I love you...you're an amazing woman, and I can't imagine dealing with everything you've got going on right now.

I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Brooke said...

I am with you. I cant imagine your stress level with all thats going on. I hope there is something wonderful on the horizon.

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?