Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A WEEK OF FIRSTS

This is going to be a long one, but it will be worth it. Seriously . . . keep reading. You'll be so jealous!

A FIRST: I assume these exploding bowling balls in my very lowest abdomen are my oh very, "oh varies." Geez, Louise! If said bowling balls aren't exploding, they are being thrown around, polished, jackhammered, and before being detonated. The crampiness has me running to the bathroom a lot thinking I need to go, and I don't. Craziness.

A FIRST: My cousin & friend, Laurie, who runs the Frat House has a simple request for me and Dr. T. She wants party pics from my follie scan. Her nightly dreams of my my little bigass follies being explored by the famous dildo cam almost makes me wonder if she's wanting to be a part of my next hooha party. hahaha! I'll see what I can do about pics, Laurie. I promise.

A FIRST: I've been poas or piac for OPKs. Been out of bed at 7am three days in a row (and I'm TIRED!). My VERY first OPK experience was interesting. I pulled it out of the box thinking it was just like poas - hpt, and I desperately held that FMU without bursting. That's when I figured it out this would be a bit complicated. My potty dance ensued. Then I dropped the OPK thingy and it broke apart on the floor. Trying not to drown the bathroom floor and cry in grief, I picked it up and popped it back together. WHEW! I couldn't get too happy because I.really.needed.to.pee. I figured it all out pretty quickly, piac, put in the opk stick, and got a blank circle. Well, at least I rehearsed for next time.

Now, prepare to meet your green-eyed jealousy monster:

A FIRST: Best of all . . . Katie & Maria are here! Be jealous - go ahead!!! They aren't staying at my house (probably because the thought of my constant rambling scares them), but I finally met them IN PERSON yesterday. We met at the Dallas World Aquarium and had such a great time. Luckily, I had my niece (Aeva, 6) and nephew (Will, 2) with me (having both of them was A FIRST). The kids provided a nice distraction so I didn't break down crying when I met and hugged my friends for the very first time. I also finally got to meet Patty, (Katie's mom), EJ (Maria's cutiepie that I'm going to babynap), and Linda (Maria's mom). Love every single one of them.

It was such a cool moment when I actually looked the eyes of Katie and Maria for the first time. It wasn't that I was meeting strangers. It was seeing old friends again. I obviously can't explain it very well. I did, however, tell Katie last night how I hoped that I didn't come across as off-standish. I really felt like I was hanging out with old friends, and I was so comfortable with them. Good thing since I was sweating like a whore in church walking through the aquarium's rainforest! Our time together didn't include a lot of conversation since I was chasing Aeva & Will and they were also busy helping me wrangle them. It was wonderful, nonetheless. Wish I could put it into words better than this. A FIRST: the Rambler not coming up with words!

Here are a few photos that I took on my crappy, white-trash, rubber-banded, crappy, half-broken, point & shoot camera. (Can you tell I want a digital SLR?!) I'll share good pics Katie took with her fancy-schmancy camera later.




Tomorrow, the whole gang is coming by to pick me up for our day of fun. Mindy, Mackey, Pippin & Steve are looking forward to meeting Harley & Jersey's mom and Jimmy's mom (A FIRST). We're going all touristy and going to Southfork Ranch (A FIRST) and a Texas-style lunch at Love & War in Texas before Mr. Rambler and I head to Patty's for a pool party tomorrow night. Katie's making her famous cupcakes and I can't wait to finally try ten one of her cupcakes (A FIRST). Although I haven't had a drop of alcohol since CD1, I might have to partake just a tad tomorrow to celebrate. What can I say? I'm always up for the party. :) It will be another awesome day!

So . . . between my oh very bowling ball oh-varies, needing follie party pics for Laurie, doing the OPKs, finally meeting Katie & Maria (love love love), having Aeva & Will for the first time ever, and not having much sleep lately . . . it's been an wonderful and interesting week of FIRSTS!

I'll keep you posted for that glorious day that I see the :) on my opk & go for the follie scan. Breathe. Breathe again. Don't forget to breathe.

6 comments:

kate said...

Yaay for your FIRSTS! I hope the bowling balls lead to yet another first! I'm so jealous that you get to meet Katie AND try her cupcakes!

Janna said...

Sounds like such a great week of firsts!! Now, hoping those mondo ovaries can give you your first, VERY deserved baby!! WOO HOO!! Praying for ya!!

Juicy said...

hold on. I will go back and read the rest of your post in a sec, but...my RE yelled at me for doing OPKs in the morning. The best time to do them is between 2pm and 4pm. Being a teacher, that might be difficult for you, BUT when I would do them in the morning, I NEVER got a happy face. First time I did it at 2pm, bam! happy face. Coincidence? Oprah says there's no such thing.

Do it. Seriously, it's much better. And you only have to hold your pee for 4 hours previous. :)

Juicy said...

ok, done. Yay for meeting friends! How fun would that be to meet you?!? I would love to meet you someday. Too bad I never get up the Dallas way.

The aquarium looks neat, wish I could go there too. Sounds like a trip to the Big D might be in order...I'll drink for you, don't worry. ;)

Laurie said...

What a fun weekend! Love the firsts and love the fact I may get a ho ho party pic! Really it's not the ho ho I want to see but how big those follicals are! I'm hoping btwn 15 and 17! Good luck!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I love that I'm part of your great FIRSTS!! And now we're hoping for another first this month...a baby :)

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?