Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What Lies Ahead?


So . . . we're headed into uncharted territory now. 

After three years, three miscarriages, three surgeries, three doctors, lots of TI, all sorts of medications, a bajillion vials of blood, and four IUIs didn't work, we still have no baby. Add to the fact that I'm AMA, we are down to our last resort to have our own biological child.  DH's counts are awesome, my FSH is awesome, but for some reason we aren't conceiving.  IVF is our only hope now.

We have no IF coverage whatsoever.  We are both teachers.  No IF coverage + being teachers = going for broke to have a baby.  I do have some resources for financing, meds, etc. which will be the only way we can swing this without going into debt.  I understand the financial aspects of IVF, but I am now wondering what kind of time it will take & the physical toll it will take on me and my old body.  (Let's not talk about my feeble mind right now, please!)
What are we really getting into here?  Any experiences (successful or unsuccessful) that you can share are appreciated.

As a side note, adoption may become an option for us if IVF doesn't work, but at this point, adoption is not an avenue I am wanting to pursue for many reasons than I may/can/will discuss on here at a later time.

10 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

I'm probably not in a good frame of mind to be commenting. I'm still in denial that the last IUI didn't work. =( Just know that I will do all that is in my power --even if it only to pray -- to help you and Todd as you venture down this unknown road. Much, much love and support.

The Quarke Family said...

I think about you lots and look forward to reading all about your babies ... whatever way you end up creating your family.

You probably already know this blog, but there's a blog called A Little Pregnant that's really well-written. It makes for kind of harrowing reading in parts though -- she had a tough time with it, but now has two beautiful children.

I don't know if now is a good time to read that particular blog, but it immediately sprang to mind so I thought I'd mention it on the off chance you haven't already read it.

Good luck and take care, and I really do think of you loads and send good baby vibes your way.

K

NoVaIrish said...

No matter what you are getting into or how rough the road ahead it, you and Todd have so many people who are going to be there to help you make your way. I've said it before, and I am sure I will say it again - I hope you guys know how loved you are.

ginger71 said...

Hi-I saw your post on the IF board. I am also AMA (but we have MFI working agst. us, too) The physical part was ok for me but the emotional stuff has left me a bit of a mess. I have a blog if you want to check out my journey. You should be able to get to it since I am a follower on your blog now. I also have an email listed if you want to ask me any questions. Best of luck!

Babysteps said...

I am here if you need to talk - email me anytime and I can help you with any questions about you may have about IVF. I have been through them a few times and I wish someone would have given me a checklist to ask my Drs BEFORE I headed down this road.

Also - there is a ton of info out there on financing IVF treatments, depending on what state you are in, they may even offer a grant, NY does. I can help with that as well.

You hang in there and know that you will not be alone on this journey. I know it seems scary now, but you will do just fine :)

Kim said...

Not much I can say, as thankfully we were somehow blessed to not have to go down this road, but I do want you to know you are in my prayers. I can't imagine your pain, frustration, confusion, etc and I pray for peace and for clarity for you both (and of course, for a family too).

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Well sweetie you know what we've been through as far as IVF goes...two fresh cycles, two frozen transfers, and two m/c's (one from fresh, one from frozen). I have a plethora of information and personal experience ready to share whenever you need it. HUGS and LOVE!

Anonymous said...

How do you respond to the medications? I'm 39 with a FSH of 8.3, but I respond well, so this month I've been on a low dose stimulation cycle of 5mg Femara and 75IU Gonal F. I saved a lot of money by doing it this way. Maybe that can be an option for you?

Kacey said...

IVF seems very overwhelming and scary...once you start it it's really not that overwhelming. Its actually very intersting! I enjoyed it alot more than IUI's. It's only 6 weeks from start to finish.

Adoption was a maybe option for us to. I have an awesome contact on adoption and guarenteed you will have a baby anywhere from 2 weeks to 9 months. I have all her info and know numerous people who have used her. Email me if you're ever interested.

We wanted to try IVF before adoption so we can say we tried everything.

I'm here for you!
Kacey

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?