Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Although this year has been full of ups & downs, I feel as if there are many reasons to give thanks. I am truly thankful for so many things.

I am thankful for my loving husband, our family, our friends, our pets, our home, our stable jobs, and more. I am thankful that technology has offered me the opportunity to journal my thoughts and experiences in order to help myself and hopefully help someone else. I am thankful that I have made new friends (IRL & OL) that have walked this journey with me thus far.

And while our home does not yet offer a pregnant waddling wife, a beaming father to be, a specially-created nursery, cries in the middle of the night for a feeding, the sounds of crawling knees and pitter patter of little feet, toys strewn about the house, and a family of more than two . . . I must still be thankful.

Psalm 106:1 Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. God has a plan for me - an amazing plan. While I often do not understand why God has me experience some of the things I do in life, I must trust in Him and be thankful to Him for giving me this life and providing me the blessings he has.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I know the holidays can be difficult for everyone. While Thanksgiving may be a time of joyous cooking, feasting, family, friends, and football, it can also be a day of misery and loneliness for others. No matter what your circumstances may be as you read this, I pray that you will find at least one thing that allows you to offer thanks. No matter how big or how small, you will find something for which you can offer your thanks each day. Please take the time to love yourself and remember there is always something worth living for and always one reason to give thanks even in those darkest days.

Blessings to you and yours.

2 comments:

..al said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you ! Peace!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?