Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Surgery #3 - The lowdown.

Disclaimer: I've tried to type this in a coherent, gramatically correct, perfect spelling post. If any of that does not happen, blame it on the drugs.

From a recovery standpoint, this surgery is MUCH better than my last! I think the fact that it was a hysteroscopy and not a laparoscopy, coupled with the fact that I told the docs no morphine, really helped. I was so blown up from the lap surgery that I was miserable. This time I'm just blown up from being fat. ;)

Surgery began around 2:oo, and I woke up in recovery having some nice discussions with my recovery nurse about her job, how my mom was a nurse, how I wanted to be a nurse, etc. Guess I was pretty coherent (at least in my mind - ha!). I also woke up needing to go to the bathroom, so when I was taken back to my room around 4:30 or so, I was ready to pee and eat/drink so I could go home! I was a good girl - sipping my ginger ale, eating my crackers, and requiring no pain meds since recovery. (I also knew pain meds = 1 more hour in the hospital.)

In the HSC, Dr. G&D (my RE) removed a fibroid that was on the backside of my uterus - where embroys typically like to implant. He told my DH that everything went well. Dr. G&D also said there is a slight possibility of a uterine septum. WTH? Why haven't any of the thousands of men in my hooha seen it? Guess we'll discuss this more during my postop appointment. DH and I were both told that we need to get pg asap, and at my postop we can discuss how agressive we would like to be. We'll be as agressive as we need, as long as agressive does not = lots of cash. The good news from the surgery? It cost me nothing! Guess that's the silver lining of multiple surgeries in one year since I met my annual deductible and out of pocket expenses in April!

We got home some time after 6ish (I think), ate dinner, and I got in bed. I checked email, my online boards, etc. then watched some TV. I went to bed around 9:30 after some snuggle time with my DH on one side and my Stevie on the other. I wanted so desperately to sleep like a rock throughout the night, but I've been up every hour or two to go to the bathroom. Gggrrrrr. I'm a little sore in my abdomen and my throat is really sore from being intubated. The meds are making me a little light-headed, but that's okay as long as I'm not hurting. Plus, I'm probably a little light-headed naturally. ha!

This morning, DH asked me "what my plans are for today". WTH does that mean? Uhhh, I'm sitting on my ass, sleeping, and expecting food and beverage delivery throughout the day. Yep, those are my plans! Luckily my mother will be by later in case I need some real TLC that sometimes only my mom can provide. Of course, that can be a double-edged sword because it often is accompanied by nagging and unsolicited advice. For now, I'll take it. :)

Thanks for all of the prayers, thoughts, warm fuzzies, emails, and messages. My friends and this online community of strangers friends with whom I am blessed have saved me time and time again. I love all of you!

7 comments:

Newt said...

Very coherent! Suck it, pain meds! :)

I'm glad you're home and the procedure went well. A septum? Is he kidding? Surely someone would have seen that before! I think now your doc is just making things up for fun.

Recover well today, and take it easy. Glad your mom is coming over to nag :)

Laurie said...

Glad you are home, resting and all went well.

Katie said...

I'm glad that the surgery went well and the recovery is progressing nicely. I agree with Newt. I think the Dr. is making things up. My word verification today is "rehab" hmmmm. Hugs :)

MISTY and CO... said...

i am SO glad i stopped by today of all days.....i will continue to pray for you guys. your DH better spoil the hell out of you....you tell him i SAID SO! heeee....heeee.

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went ok. And that Todd better be extra lovey-dovey with you today and cater to all of your needs :)

I agree with Newt and Katie...maybe he's making things up just to get more looks at your sexy hooha????? LOL.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well! I hope this was just what you needed! Take care of yourself and rest up.

Chelle said...

Sounds like it went pretty smooth. I hope you recover quickly!

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?