As all of you lovely readers know, Dr. Gloom & Doom has no personality. He is also a dumbass. A dumbass who has made me mad for the very.last.time.
Strike #1: Waiting an hour in the waiting room
Strike #2: Lack of followup after HSG & MRI
Strike #3: My cell phone rings this afternoon. It's Dr. G&D's secretary-person-lady. Dr. G&D, being the dumbass he is, didn't tell his own freaking office that he had a meeting scheduled for today, so they needed to cancel my appointment for this afternoon. Well yeah, he had a meeting this afternoon. It was a meeting with me dammit!!! Of course, I'm then asked to reschedule for tomorrow morning. Uh, no. I'm a teacher. I REEEEFUUUUUUSSSSEEEE to take off a day of work because he's a stupid, non-communicative asshole. (I'm stockpiling those days off for my imaginary future maternity leave.)
So instead, I am given the "luxury" of a late appointment tomorrow.
In Dallas traffic.
On a Friday.
With a doctor who most likely will just want to get the hell home & not deal with ME.
THIS IS ALL ABOUT ME ISN'T IT????? Well it fucking should be.
I was not happy but trying to work with them. Now that I think about it, WTH am I doing that? As much money as I've already paid them & what do I have to show for it? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
On my way home from work (after an absolutely hellish day at school, which is another story), I luckily called Dr. Terrific's office and learned that Dr. G&D never sent the records from my HSG & MRI to him! WTF??? I specifically asked Dr. G&D to send them. For the love of my crappy uterus, it was a month ago!! After you read about Dr. T's reaction to what Dr. G&D said, you can understand my need & desire for a second opinion from another person who's spent even more party time in my hooha. When I vented to Dr. T's nurse about Dr. G&D, she said she was not surprised. Sounds like he's pissed off a few other ladies.
Strike #4: He's out. As in FIRED. As in buh-bye dumbass Dr. Gloom & Doom.
Tomorrow I'm calling another RE who has come highly recommended by two friends. If this cycle is already shot, I might as well get a fresh start with someone else. We just discussed it, and DH is completely supportive in my decision. I hate starting all this crap over again, but we're left with no choice. All we want is a baby. And I know Dr. G&D will not place a newborn in my arms tomorrow afternoon at 4:30pm.
I'm also tempted to not call his office until 4:25 or so to tell them I'm not coming. And try to bill my ass. Just try it.
Oh, and Laurie . . . you were right.