Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Funnies from Dr. Terrific

Dr. T is a doctor who possesses a great sense of humor while also being a thorough, knowledgeable, and caring professional. One of his funniest quotes ever was, "It's great that you live less than a 1/2 mile from me. That will be convenient when you get pregnant. You'll be able to come down the street, & we can check your cervix in the garage!" Me: "There will be NO checking my cervix in the garage."

Here are some other funny quotes from Dr. T during my visit yesterday:

"I'll let you get changed. I used to stay in here while women disrobed, but someone once told me that it probably wasn't a good idea."

"We've made some changes around here. I had to let two of my girls go because they had no personality."

"One of those girls (that he let go) could probably work for Dr. G&D. Sounds like she'd fit right in!"

"What did we do to you in April?" (I told him about April, using my typical smartass tone.) "Well, good. I like a patient who knows what's going on."

"Well, I wouldn't want to give you the wrong information or make you mad." (I said, "Is that because I know where you live?") His reply, "Well, DUH!"

"Would you like to see pictures of my kids? That's probably not the best question to ask a habitual arborter, huh?" One must obviously have a good rapport with your doc for him to get away with saying something like that. I do, and I laughed while telling him I'm used to that question. His kids are all in college, by the way.

"When I talk with Dr. G&D, I'll make sure to talk to him about the Messiah." Dr. T is Christian & Dr. G&D is Jewish. I hope he mentions the Messiah after they discuss my uterus.

"I look forward to hearing about your sore breasts and nausea soon, so I can give you needles of Lovenox." SO DO I!!!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Your doctor is a riot!

Elicia said...

LOL, your dr. is funny! I'm glad you have a good relationship with him. *hugs* I am pulling for you!

Anonymous said...

How about we put your docs sense of humor in my docs bod? That, my friend, would be the perfect man. ;)

Shanny said...

Heehee. Your doctor is too funny! Glad you guys get along well =)

Teresa & Connie said...

Oh heck yes! That doctor is awesome. That's the kind of doctor everybody needs. He's the man

Meg said...

Way too funny! Keep your chin up!

Laurie said...

No wonder you love this man! I bet he and your DH would get along great!

KandiB said...

I love your doc! Lucky you...a little humor never hurt anything. All my docs are so...blah. Never a smile. Just so, professional. You can be professional and still crack a joke! Certainly eases the tension. I'd take him up on the garage exam - well, at least call him on it!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

OMG he's hilarious!!

Alissa said...

I'm still so glad you love him! Actually, the several of the nurses were let go for a much juicer reason. They were all cheating the time clock. They let like 6 nurses and office people go. One person would get there early and check everyone in and then one person would stay late and check everyone out. They were all getting paid for at least 5 extra hours a week, sometimes 10 extra hours.

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?