Blessed by Our Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Find Me

Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Search & Win

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

THE SHACK



I just finished reading The Shack and recommend it to EVERYONE. What an AMAZING book full of hope and working through the challenges that life and grief bring. I'm not an avid reader at all, but it is a goal of mine. However, when I find a book that I like, I will read it cover to cover as quickly as I can, as I did this book.

This book is not written for Christians. It is written for everyone no matter of their religious preference or level of faith they do or do not have. Please give yourself an amazing gift in 2009 and read this book! I would lend you my copy, but I am not letting it go. When you read it - which is very soon I hope - be sure to read the foreword. It will make the book fit together like the beautiful puzzle that it is.

The past two nights of reading "The Shack" have reformed my mind, my relationships, and my outlook on life. I feel a sense of purpose, comfort, purpose, and (*gulp* dare I say it?) . . . hope . . . that I haven't felt in a long time.

6 comments:

Kristin Anderson said...

This post made me weepy; I'm glad you found hope again- You are in my daily prayers. Know that.

Remember:
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein

Jill said...

Sounds like a great book. I love to read! Glad you have hope. Happy New Year.

Shanny said...

I'm always looking for new awesome books. This one sounds like a very inspiring book, thanks for sharing!

Meg said...

tag... You are it. Check out my blog for details... Did I spell any of that right? Happy New Year

AprilB said...

Thank you for the recommendation! I almost bought this in the airport the other day but picked Eat, Pray, Love instead. I think both suit my needs at this moment as well.
Thank you for sharing so openly your feelings and your struggles.
I hope that 2009 brings you blessings!

Brooke said...

I love love love this book also! I read it last summer and I am looking forward to reading it again. Good suggestion. What was your favorite chapter? I think mine was the one titled "God on the dock"

Get Swagbucks!

I use Swagbucks.com for all of my internet searches & redeem those bucks for Amazon gift cards. Great way to get things I want (babies not included) for nothing! :) Search & Win

Community

Help Out Each Day with Just One Click!

The Animal Rescue Site The Breast Cancer Site The Literacy Site
The Hunger Site The Child Health Site The Rainforest Site

Get Ready for Blogaversary Cake!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?

How Many Have Heard These Ramblings?